1.7 October 4, 2023
- New You can now subscribe to Quiche+ to support my work and unlock new, exclusive app icons. It is totally optional, and rest assured all essential features will remain available for free. But the app icons are quite cool if you ask me.
- Fixed Blob URLs were not working. (Thanks Christoph!)
1.6 September 28, 2023
- New The tab overview has a new, more convenient look when in grid mode and “group by domain” is enabled.
- New When opening the tab overview, the list scrolls automatically so that the last active tab is visible.
- New You can now share the app from Settings → Share Quiche Browser.
- Fixed Search queries with operators like “site:quiche.org” were not working.
- Fixed Changing the tab opening animation in Settings only applied after closing the current tab. (Thanks Longely!)
1.5 September 21, 2023
- New The tab overview scrolls automatically to the last active tab on app launch, when switching between private and non-private modes, and when changing the display and grouping settings.
- New When opening the tab overview in list mode, the current tab’s row stays highlighted for a short moment.
- New You can open a new tab or start a new search with a long press on Quiche Browser app icon.
- New You can open a new tab or start a new search from the new URL schemes. Open Settings → Help for more details. (Thanks Benjamin!)
- Changed The tab overview layout has been slightly improved.
- Fixed Favicon display was sometimes delayed when scrolling the tab overview.
- Fixed The tinting color was missing or inaccurate on some sites. (Thanks Longely!)
1.4.2 September 13, 2023
- Changed The automatically generated menus now include Find on Page, and position the Reload button in a nicer way.
- Fixed The address bar was sometimes not visible when opening the keyboard.
- Fixed Picture in Picture was not working.
1.4.1 September 1, 2023
- Fixed The British English localization was incomplete.
1.4 August 31, 2023
- New Tapping on the start page background now closes the keyboard. (Thanks Longely for the suggestion.)
- New Tapping on the tabs list background now goes back to the last active tab. (Thanks Longely for that one too!)
- New Quiche Browser is now available in British English.
- New Quiche Browser est enfin disponible en Français !
- New Quicheブラウザがついに日本語に対応しました！
- Changed The “Find” button has been renamed to “Find on Page.”
1.3.2 August 26, 2023
- Fixed In some rare cases, the app could crash after closing a tab.
1.3.1 August 25, 2023
- Changed The default user agent has been reverted to Safari in order to prevent Google sign in issues.
- Fixed The toolbar didn’t revert to its normal height when dismissing the keyboard during an opening animation. (Thanks Dmytro and Loïc!)
- Fixed The keyboard was closing automatically whenever the current web page was refreshed.
1.3 August 7, 2023
- New You can now search for content inside a page, with the new “Find” menu and toolbar items.
- New Qwant Search and its search suggestions are now natively supported. (Thanks Christoph!)
- Changed The “Private” menu item is now “Move to Private,” and allows to switch private tabs back to non-private tabs. (Thanks kccqzy!)
- Fixed Tabs opened from external apps were opening as non-private tabs. They now open in the current tab group. (Thanks pasmic!)
1.2 July 31, 2023
Kagi Search can be set as the default search engine.
Any search engine can be set as the default search engine, but search suggestions are not supported.
1.1 July 14, 2023
Quiche Browser can now be set as the default browser! In Settings → Set as Default Browser → Default Browser App, select “Quiche Browser.”
Release notes are available in Settings → What’s New.
1.0 July 10, 2023
Initial public release.