Quiche Browser is a web browser for iOS with an extensive range of customization options, to suit your usage, needs, and visual preferences. Create your perfect browser user interface: feature-packed for power users, lean for minimalists who want to minimize distractions and maximize webpage space.
- Personalize the toolbar by selecting the buttons you use most frequently. Optimize button placement and order for easy one-handed navigation, or if you are left-handed.
- Personalize the popup menu by selecting the buttons you use less frequently. Tweak each button size and placement.
- Personalize the address bar: show the page title, read time, favicon, adjust the text size, and choose from a range of elegant visual styles.
- Personalize the toolbar color. Go white, gray, pink, dark, or even full black, and set different styles for light and dark modes.
- Personalize the long-press context menu.
- Optimize screen space by setting the toolbar to condense itself or fully disappear when scrolling down.
- Show tabs as snapshot grid or condensed list.
- Sort tabs by age or read time.
- Group tabs by domain.
- Cumulative read time of all open tabs.
- Universal search engine support.
- Open tabs on Mac with Continuity.
- Open external links from share extension or by setting as default browser.
- Background tabs automatically suspended when Low Power Mode is turned on.
- No analytics, data collection, account creation.
- Quiche Browser is free to download and use.
- Quiche+ is an optional, $0.99/month subscription which unlocks exclusive app icons.
- More nice-to-have features may be included in the future.
- Essential features will remain free.
- The subscription contributes to funding the development of the app and maintaining its independence.
- Tab gestures
- Content blockers
- Reader mode
- Cross-device sync
- iPad support
- App Store: https://apps.apple.com/app/quiche-browser/id1668363952
- Website: https://quiche.works/browser/
- Screenshots and visual assets
Supported devices: iPhone
Minimum requirement: iOS 16.4
Download size: 15.3 MB
Install size: 19.5 MB
About the Developer
Greg de J, a French developer living in Tokyo, designed and built Quiche Browser for himself out of love for minimal interfaces, and tired of the decades-old browser conventions no one dares challenge.
Greg has ditched all other browsers from his phone since then.
Before Quiche Browser, he made Quiche Reader (formerly Reading Queue), a minimal read-later app featured twice on Lifehacker.
- Quiches are delicious, adorable pies.
- Quiche also means "a bit stupid" in French.
- Greg used to organize "quiche parties" with fellow French expats in Tokyo.